Mark Burnett plans restaurant-set, chef-focused reality TV show for NBC. Mark Burnett’s The Restaurant, which he’s producing for NBC alongside Ben Silverman, will “follow the incredible trials and tribulations of launching a New York restaurant under the glass bubble of TV cameras,” Silverman says. That will be accomplished by “captur[ing] everything from the heat in …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Alter Ego is a dud: Fox fails again to replicate The Masked Singer’s magic / September 22, 2021
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation changes its cast, will premiere after Life Below Zero’s new season / August 10, 2021
- The Profit is back, refreshed, while 52 businesses say Marcus Lemonis ‘ruined’ them / August 31, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Port Protection’s Gary Muehlberger died in a house fire / March 24, 2021