CBS, Burnett resolve dispute; Survivor 3 is being planned. Producer Mark Burnett and CBS have settled their dispute over Burnett’s payment without going to arbitration. Also, Survivor 3 appears to be on the horizon.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- 20 reasons why MTV’s Challenge has endured for four decades and 500 episodes / October 27, 2021
- Survivor, Big Brother winners among reality stars socializing mask-less at a charity event / December 5, 2020
- I found the ‘Anything Goes’ remix, the haunting song Jojo Siwa danced to as Pennywise on DWTS / October 26, 2021
- Why the Lewis family is no longer on The Last Alaskans, and where they are now / January 4, 2019
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021