An interview with Jason Hervey, aka Wayne from Wonder Years, who produced a documentary reality show set in Bucker, Missouri.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Survivor 41’s ‘new era’ begins with welcome changes, and Jeff Probst failing again / September 23, 2021
- Top Chef Houston: all-stars will return, Padma defends filming in Texas / September 27, 2021
- Amazing Race 33 appears to be filming again, and using a charter plane / September 24, 2021
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation changes its cast, will premiere after Life Below Zero’s new season / August 10, 2021