Netflix has announced its own 10-part series about long-running murder mystery: Making a Murderer, which debuts Dec. 18. The documentary reality series follows a case that unfolds over more than 30 years. While this follows HBO’s success with the thrilling but problematic documentary series The Jinx, the series itself was filmed over 10 years, starting with a 2005 newspaper article that …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
On reality blurred, which I created 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found, I now review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows.
Learn more about me and reality blurred, and what guides my writing here.
- NBC’s Ultimate Slip ‘N’ Slide shut down over shitty situation / June 11, 2021
- What happened to Forged in Fire host Will Willis? / January 27, 2021
- Do Naked and Afraid participants get medication or sunscreen? / April 23, 2021
- Meerkat Manor is returning in 2021 / January 16, 2020
- Survivor behind the scenes: 13 facts and secrets / April 21, 2020