Fox has renewed Hell’s Kitchen, the Gordon Ramsay-fronted cooking competition, for an 11th and 12th season. Undoubtedly, they will be two more seasons of the exact same formula that the show has perfected to the point of boredom. Season 10 airs this summer, and like last summer, it will air on both Mondays and Tuesdays, …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
On reality blurred, which I created 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found, I now review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows.
Learn more about me and reality blurred, and what guides my writing here.
- Jackson Michie faced drug withdrawal on BB21; Big Brother casting director quit for BB23 / January 23, 2021
- Blown Away season 2: Netflix’s glass blowing show is lighter, but still too opaque / January 22, 2021
- On Port Protection, a lesson in resilience from Gary’s toilet. Also: Why didn’t Amanda, Timbi, and Hans return? / April 7, 2020
- How Life Below Zero: Port Protection is different from the shows that form its name / February 18, 2020
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation’s creation and casting; Life Below Zero season 14 details / August 31, 2020