All three seasons of The Great Pottery Throw Down are now on HBO Max, and it’s just as charming and wonderful—and perhaps even better than—The Great British Baking Show.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- CBS is trashing an already-filmed competition reality show / September 15, 2021
- Big Brother’s Cookout alliance of Black players has succeeded. That’s awesome, not racist. / September 9, 2021
- NBC’s America’s Got Talent $1 million is actually worth $25,000 a year / August 3, 2007
- Lego Masters’ winners and finale were so unsatisfying / April 17, 2020
- One of four brothers who got a Shark Tank investment died earlier this year / October 18, 2013