Fox’s adaptation of the UK show turns flirtation into an unnecessary competition, but those first dances are pretty magical.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Survivor’s Netflix seasons are leaving, but two more are coming / October 21, 2021
- Baking Impossible: Netflix’s deliciously nerdy competition has what similar shows lack / October 5, 2021
- Survivor 41’s ‘insane’ new advantage and paranoia-filled vote / October 20, 2021
- Why A Chef’s Life ended, and details about Vivian Howard’s new show / September 11, 2019
- Why is Paramount+ missing seasons of The Challenge, The Real World, and other reality TV? / May 5, 2021