Dancing with the Stars will add a fourth judge this season: former cast member Julianne Hough. Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Bruno Tonioli all return, even though the show probably could have benefitted from replacing one of them. But change is scary; see Randy Jackson’s perpetual role on American Idol. Then again, Idol also offers …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Survivor 41’s ‘new era’ begins with welcome changes, and Jeff Probst failing again / September 23, 2021
- Top Chef Houston: all-stars will return, Padma defends filming in Texas / September 27, 2021
- Amazing Race 33 appears to be filming again, and using a charter plane / September 24, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation changes its cast, will premiere after Life Below Zero’s new season / August 10, 2021
- The Profit is back, refreshed, while 52 businesses say Marcus Lemonis ‘ruined’ them / August 31, 2021