Dancing with the Stars will add a fourth judge this season: former cast member Julianne Hough. Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Bruno Tonioli all return, even though the show probably could have benefitted from replacing one of them. But change is scary; see Randy Jackson’s perpetual role on American Idol. Then again, Idol also offers …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
On reality blurred, which I created 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found, I now review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows.
Learn more about me and reality blurred, and what guides my writing here.
- Survivor 41 and 42 plan to film this year / January 15, 2021
- Bling Empire, Netflix’s Crazy Rich Asians reality show, is not new, but really sparkles / January 13, 2021
- Survivor’s Ozzy has really surprised fans with his OnlyFans / January 12, 2021
- Winter 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / December 1, 2020
- On Port Protection, a lesson in resilience from Gary’s toilet. Also: Why didn’t Amanda, Timbi, and Hans return? / April 7, 2020