The cast of Dancing with the Stars has been announced, and it’s the usual mix of “who?” (Disney Channel star) and “really?” (Andy Dick). Most interesting is that just 11 cast members were announced today, and the show usually has 12 or 13; Reality Steve is insisting that Bachelor star Sean Lowe will be the …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Finding Bigfoot is returning, but you’ll have to pay to watch / February 2, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation changes its cast, will premiere after Life Below Zero’s new season / August 10, 2021
- I found the ‘Anything Goes’ remix, the haunting song Jojo Siwa danced to as Pennywise on DWTS / October 26, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Port Protection’s Gary Muehlberger died in a house fire / March 24, 2021
- American Veteran’s simple, surprising stories are neither propaganda nor polemic / October 26, 2021