Mark Burnett is trying to sell a martial arts competition reality TV show. A competition to find “the toughest man in the world” via sports including “kung fu, judo, karate and boxing ” is Mark Burnett’s next project, according to Variety. The as-yet-unnamed show will follow the competitors Survivor-style as they get eliminated one-by-one.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Survivor’s Netflix seasons are leaving, but two more are coming / October 21, 2021
- Reality show horror stories from behind the scenes of your favorite shows / October 18, 2021
- Home Sweet Home, NBC’s version of Wife Swap, tries hard but stumbles / October 15, 2021
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021
- Amazing Race producers on alliances, future rules, TAR 33’s status, and much more / December 18, 2020