Skip to Content

The Contender 1

ESPN “close to acquiring” The Contender, perhaps without Stallone

Mark Burnett’s The Contender looks like it’ll be heading to Disney’s sports channel ESPN. “ESPN said Monday it was close to acquiring the rights for a second season,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. However, the paper notes that it’s “unclear whether Stallone would work on a second season … if it is acquired by ESPN. …

Read More about ESPN “close to acquiring” The Contender, perhaps without Stallone

Contender is “nothing but fake,” Ahmed says; he wants to “rip [Ishe Smith’s] lungs out”

One of the fighters from The Contender is bitter about the experience, and has issued a press release to let us know that “the show was edited poorly and didn’t portray the fights accurately.” Ahmed Kaddour says the NBC series “made me wake up to the light and see what Hollywood is all about. It’s …

Read More about Contender is “nothing but fake,” Ahmed says; he wants to “rip [Ishe Smith’s] lungs out”

HBO or ESPN could pick up The Contender; Burnett says he wants more than “a TV deal.”

Although Mark Burnett previously said that he expected to be announcing a new home for The Contender a few weeks ago, he says it’s taking a while because producers “are looking not just for a TV partner, but for a partner overall to help really re-launch the sport. This relationship will be as much about …

Read More about HBO or ESPN could pick up The Contender; Burnett says he wants more than “a TV deal.”