NBC’s Average Joe will return. Those sneaky bastards at NBC have once again filmed two seasons of a show before the first even aired. Thus, a second season of Average Joe will debut shortly after the current season concludes. By doing this, the network avoids the Joe Millionaire fiasco (see this) of having to reinvent …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Home Sweet Home, NBC’s version of Wife Swap, tries hard but stumbles / October 15, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation changes its cast, will premiere after Life Below Zero’s new season / August 10, 2021
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021
- Metal Shop Masters is Netflix’s latest mediocre mess / September 16, 2021
- Amazing Race 33 appears to be filming again, and using a charter plane / September 24, 2021