Simon Cowell is returning to the U.S. to judge America’s Got Talent, the summer NBC show he executive produces. NBC’s confirmation of the long- called him “a music executive, TV producer and star of some of the highest-rated television shows in the world” whose “discerning eye for talent and candid remarks have transformed popular culture and made him …
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Survivor’s Netflix seasons are leaving, but two more are coming / October 21, 2021
- Reality show horror stories from behind the scenes of your favorite shows / October 18, 2021
- Home Sweet Home, NBC’s version of Wife Swap, tries hard but stumbles / October 15, 2021
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021
- Amazing Race 33 appears to be filming again, and using a charter plane / September 24, 2021