Skip to Content

19 Kids and Counting

TLC’s cowardly failure to defend their own teenage employee from bullying

Three months ago, Counting On cast member Derick Dillard decided to tell his Twitter followers, which currently number more than 124,000, that writing “‘Transgender’ is a myth.” He referred to Jazz with male pronouns: “I want to be clear. I have nothing against him.” TLC has yet to act, unsurprisingly.” Dillard is the husband of Jill Duggar, one of kids …

Read More about TLC’s cowardly failure to defend their own teenage employee from bullying

After the Duggars’ revolting defense, TLC must act

The way TLC’s stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar behaved years ago, as detailed in a police report, is appalling. The way they justified that behavior last night on Fox News was absolutely revolting and unforgivable. Whatever you think of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s procreation, religiosity, or ideology didn’t even matter, because it came …

Read More about After the Duggars’ revolting defense, TLC must act

The Duggars’ appalling defense: blame others, minimize Josh’s behavior

During their Fox News interview, the Duggars worked hard to minimize their son Josh’s molestation of his sisters and another girl. But all you need to know about their horrific response is that they think the disclosure of Josh’s molestation is worse than his actual molestation. Michelle Duggar actually said this about her daughters: “They’ve …

Read More about The Duggars’ appalling defense: blame others, minimize Josh’s behavior

Duggar response from Funny or Die is way too close to reality

There’s a new Funny or Die video with actors playing Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar who respond to the scandal related to their son’s molestation of his sisters. Although the impressions of the Duggars are on-point, and though there are some funny lines at the start and finish, the whole video didn’t strike me as …

Read More about Duggar response from Funny or Die is way too close to reality