At just 22 years old, Erik Reichenbach has secured himself a place in reality TV history as “the dumbest Survivor ever,” as two contestants branded him last night, and also helped make Survivor Micronesia the best season ever–or at least, the best second half of a season ever.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Baking Impossible: Netflix’s deliciously nerdy competition has what similar shows lack / October 5, 2021
- Killer Camp is dumb fun, but with a few near-fatal flaws / July 16, 2020
- Survivor’s Ozzy has really surprised fans with his OnlyFans / January 12, 2021
- NaOnka reveals real-life impact of her actions; Kelly says why they didn’t quit immediately / December 3, 2010
- What happened to Forged in Fire host Will Willis? / January 27, 2021