Search reality blurred’s coverage of reality TV, from the summer of 2000 until today.
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Reality show horror stories from behind the scenes of your favorite shows / October 18, 2021
- Kitchen Nightmares chef says he had “no interaction with Ramsay” except on camera / February 2, 2010
- Baking Impossible: Netflix’s deliciously nerdy competition has what similar shows lack / October 5, 2021
- Alter Ego is a dud: Fox fails again to replicate The Masked Singer’s magic / September 22, 2021
- Fall 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / September 1, 2021