miss a show last week? Recaps from last week are live and drenched in sarcasm. Rock on. MTVixen Jill goes off on episode four of The Real World with her killer storytelling flair (Jamie made out with “a stray dog” and the Village People!); both MightyBigTV and Student.Com’s minute-by-minute wrap-ups are a bit more truthful …
ding, dong, sit coms could be dead.Inside.com does the math, and the glut of reality TV and its low production costs doesn’t look good for sitcoms. And this is a problem?
National Post columnist: Survivor isn’t real. Glad we cleared that up.
Other critics’ takes on reality TV
- Kevin Fallon on how Tamron Hall’s interview with “admitted sexual predator Sherry Pie became a meditation on scandal”
- Daniel D’Addario on How American Idol used Claudia Conway
- Robert Daniels says “FX’s Hip Hop Uncovered rambles without saying much about the genre”
- Sarah D. Bunting on Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel and its “new take on the genre”
News from around the web
- America’s Got Talent season 1 semifinalist David Maas, half of the “Quick Change” act, has died
- Bravo’s Winter House is being filmed with Summer House and Southern Charm cast
- “I had a massive parasite the whole time I was on” Bachelor Ben Higgins said
- Hilary Farr is getting her own HGTV series, in addition to Love It Or List It
- Ryan Seacrest won’t host E!’s red carpet coverage any more
- Worst Cooks in America season 20 winner Ariel Robinson was arrested and “charged with homicide by child abuse” of a three-year-old
Survivor’s Stephen Fishbach published a short story about, as he described it, “a has-been reality TV contestant at a reality TV charity event.” You can read it on Kindle or in the literary magazine One Story.