Two years after adding two great seasons of Survivor to its library, and one year after replacing those two seasons with two new (also great!) seasons, Netflix dropped Survivor at the end of 2022.
The answer to “How many seasons of Survivor are on Netflix?” became zero, alas.
But that’s changed, as Netflix is bringing new seasons of Survivor in 2023. An up-to-date look at what seasons are on the streaming service, and what seasons are available elsewhere.
Survivor: Kaôh Rōng, season 32, will premiere Feb. 1
Full seasons of Survivor are available to stream are available on several streaming services besides Netflix:
- all 43 seasons are on Paramount+
- Hulu has 15 seasons available: 22 to 25, 27, 30-34, and 37 to 41
- Pluto TV has dedicated channels for Survivor and Amazing Race that cycle through a few seasons on each channel
In Nov. 2020, Netflix first added:
- the terrific Survivor Heroes vs. Villains, season 20
- Survivor: Cagayan, season 28, also known as “Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty,” which was also a really strong season.
Both were removed a year later.
Netflix then added these two seasons on Nov. 15, 2021:
- Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites, which has one of the most spectacular blindsides in the show’s history
- Survivor: David vs. Goliath, which had a dumb theme but became an exceptional season, and had White Lotus creator Mike White as a cast member
Those seasons left Nov. 14, 2022.
It was interesting that Netflix was licensing just two seasons at a time, for one year, and not doing that in any kind of order, but also choosing well-liked and creatively strong seasons. That may be in part due to other deals ViacomCBS has in place.
Thankfully, Netflix wasn’t without Survivor for too long.
Netflix’s 2023 Survivor seasons
Survivor Tocantins, season 18, started streaming Jan. 1, 2023. It an incredible location and some iconic players, introducing us Coach and his stories, for example.
And now, Survivor Kaoh Rong is joining Tocantis, adding Feb. 1, 2023. It has some terrific characters, and ended up being a satisfying season overall, but has many low points, including a brutal challenge with multiple medical incidents and a terrible finale twist.
So now, Netflix has both Survivor 18 and Survivor 32, and while Netflix has not yet premiered seasons in two back-to-back months, based on the past, it’s likely they’ll stick around for a year.
This story was updated Oct. 26, 2022, with news that Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites and Survivor: David vs. Goliath will no longer be streaming on Netflix; on Dec. 14, 2022, with news that Survivor Tocantins is coming in 2023; and again on Jan. 25, with news of Survivor: Kaoh Rong’s arrival.