Drag Race season 13's premiere had a format and twist worthy of 2020
Mike Rowe's Discovery+ show Six Degrees is sponsored by the oil industry
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
On reality blurred, which I created 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found, I now review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows.
Learn more about me and reality blurred, and what guides my writing here.
- Bling Empire, Netflix’s Crazy Rich Asians reality show, is not new, but really sparkles / January 13, 2021
- Survivor’s Ozzy has really surprised fans with his OnlyFans / January 12, 2021
- Winter 2021 reality TV schedule and guide / December 1, 2020
- On Port Protection, a lesson in resilience from Gary’s toilet. Also: Why didn’t Amanda, Timbi, and Hans return? / April 7, 2020
- Hell’s Kitchen’s producer on what Gordon Ramsay does off-camera, casting, editing, and more / January 7, 2021