This week in reality TV: Love Island comes to the U.S., RHONY's reunion, and so much more
Before Love Island's premiere, here are some things you should know
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
On reality blurred, which I created 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found, I now review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows.
Learn more about me and reality blurred, and what guides my writing here.
- One of four brothers who got a Shark Tank investment died earlier this year / October 18, 2013
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation’s creation and casting; Life Below Zero season 14 details / August 31, 2020
- Bling Empire, Netflix’s Crazy Rich Asians reality show, is not new, but really sparkles / January 13, 2021
- Survivor 41 and 42 plan to film this year / January 15, 2021
- Discovery+: 55,000 episodes of reality TV, plus these 30+ shows you can’t see anywhere else / December 4, 2020