After two seasons, Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party will return, but with a new format with competitions between celebrities who team up with Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg. It even has a new name: Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Party Challenge.
The show will apparently not air at a consistent time, but instead as specials that air throughout the year.
The first is themed to 4/20, the marijuana-themed holiday, and will have Matthew McConaughey and Method Man battling.
What are those competitions? VH1 says the episodes “will pit the hosts and their teammates against each other as they compete in friendly culinary challenges filled with recipe tips, meme-able moments and Instagram-worthy dishes with the hopes of winning over a celebrity judge for the coveted ‘Potluck Party Platter’ prize.”
Here’s a teaser trailer:
The celebrities and themed episodes of Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Party Challenge
VH1 has announced these 10 specials, and says premiere dates will be announced in the future:
- BATTLE OF THE BESTIES (Best Friend’s Day): Tiffany Haddish, Meghan Trainor, Kandi Burruss
- MOTHER OF ALL BATTLES (Mother’s Day): Octavia Spencer, Fergie, Rumer Willis, Toya Wright
- SUMMERTIME BLOCK PARTY SMACKDOWN: Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas, Loni Love
- FATHER’S DAY FEAST: Regina Hall, Rev Run, Jessie T. Usher
- CHAMPIONSHIP CHOW DOWN (Sports): Michael Strahan, Laurie Hernandez, Jesse Palmer, Michael Rapaport
- #FRIENDSGIVING FACE OFF: Jimmy Kimmel, Yvonne Orji, Guillermo
- HOLIDAY FROST FIGHT: Paris Hilton, Tank, Haha Davis
- HALLOWEEN FOOD FIGHT: Eve, Lil Pump, Tami Roman
- EAT YOUR HEART OUT (Valentine’s Day):Tamar Braxton, William Shatner, Trey Songz
Twenty episodes of the original series have aired, with season two concluding early last fall. VH1 doubled up the episodes for the second half of the season, airing two per night.
It premiered in 2016, and offered a lot of ridiculous banter. The food was pretty much beside point; as I wrote in my initial review, “it’s a talk show organized around cooking, with stoves and a table serving as a gathering point instead of couches.” Will that be the same for this new format and season three, or will it become more like a Food Network competition?