Luann de Lesseps will not be part of the The Real Housewives of New York City season 10 reunion, which is filming today, because she has returned to rehab for help with her use of alcohol.
People attributes this information to Bethenny, because Luann “only authorized costar Bethenny Frankel to speak on her behalf.” So yes, Bethenny is now acting as Luann’s spokesperson, which is quite a development.
Luann’s spokesperson Bethenny said:
“This weekend, Luann was surrounded by her girlfriends and decided—with their support—that in light of recent circumstances, it is the healthiest choice for her not to attend Tuesday’s reunion taping so that she can continue in her healing process. Luann is now surrounded by a core group of people who truly have her best interests at heart and who are working to make sure she gets the help she needs.
Bravo has been very supportive of Luann during this time. It’s a brave and honest decision by her, and everyone is rallying around her and wants the best for her.”
Earlier this year, Luann said during her cabaret show, “Not drinking is exhausting. Getting up at six and going to my meetings and to yoga and then filming Housewives. I’m dead by ten o’ clock. I’m wiped out, I’m exhausted.”
Also possibly exhausting: being sued by your ex and children just a few days after reuniting with them and posting a photo to Instagram saying, “Greatest reunion ever! Wonderful to spend the weekend with the kids and The Count.”
Bravo said it “supports Luann’s decision to focus on her health” and, without any self-awareness, added “we hope everyone will respect her privacy.”
Luann decided to divorce Tom before the last reunion
Speaking of reunions: During the RHONY season nine reunion, Luann defended Tom, as she did back then, but she’s actually already decided to divorce Tom before it filmed.
That was one of many revelations in her interview with Aliza Rosen on the Reality of Reality podcast.
Luann says she and Tom were a perfect match: “We loved to party. I married my enabler.” But she explains that “the final straw” came after a dinner party at their house.
“He wanted to go out, and I was like, No, I don’t want to go out. So he went by himself. And he ran into an old girlfriend, of course,” she said. “He doesn’t come home. I woke up in the morning and he was in bed.”
But she said her daughter told her that Tom’s car wasn’t in the driveway when she arrived at the house early in the morning. “That was it for me. I was like, Okay that’s it. That was, like, the final straw.”
Still, Luann said, “I went to film. That was it for me, but I didn’t pull the plug until after the reunion because I didn’t want to talk about that. It was always about Tom on the show, so I didn’t want to talk about it. So I was like, You know what? After the reunion, I’m going to divorce this guy. But I didn’t say it to anybody.”
Listen to the whole conversation:
Other things Luann says on the podcast:
- On Tom: “All the red flags were there for me; I just didn’t want to see them, because I was blindly in love.”
- On getting engaged after four months and married later that year: “I had plenty of time compared to my first marriage.”
- Learning about Tom from Real Housewives: “After watching on television—I didn’t know he said to this woman, It’s like a dog with a leash. I didn’t know that; it was on the other side of the room. So all these things I learned on the show, like he tried to take his mic off—de-mic—what else did he do. It was endless. Very disrespectful.”
- On Sonja’s relationship with Tom: “I think they were fuck-buddies,” Luann said. “I think she would have liked it to be more than that.”
- On rehab: “I loved rehab. It was the best. It was so good—group therapy, just seeing that so many people have the same problem you do.”
- Being a celebrity: “A lot of people knew who I was, and whatever, but I didn’t let that bother me because I’m a person just like everybody else. I don’t consider myself a celebrity.”