Dancing with the Stars is turning 25 this fall, and announced its cast this morning on its publicity partner Good Morning America.
The cast is heavy on celebrities who are already reality TV stars: Shark Tank‘s Barbara Corcoran and Property Brothers‘ Drew Scott, and also repeat offenders: Nick and Vanessa Lachey, Nikki Bella, Terrell Owens, and Debbie Gibson.
There just seems to be a limited pool of celebrities willing to go on reality TV shows, even DWTS.
There are some athletes, such as former New York Knicks coach Derek Fisher and Paralympic gold medalist Victoria Arlen who has only recently regained the ability to walk.
Perhaps the most unexpected and interesting casting for me is Lindsey Stirling, the violinist.
The Dancing with the Stars season 25 cast
- Barbara Corcoran with Keo Motsepe
- Debbie Gibson with Alan Bersten
- Derek Fisher with Sharna Burgess
- Drew Scott with Emma Slater
- Frankie Muniz with Witney Carson
- Jordan Fisher with Lindsay Arnold
- Lindsey Stirling with Mark Ballas
- Nick Lachey with Peta Murgatroyd
- Nikki Bella with Artem Chigvintsev
- Sasha Pieterse with Gleb Savchenko
- Terrell Owens with Cheryl Burke
- Vanessa Lachey with Maks Chmerkovskiy
- Victoria Arlen with Val Chmerkovskiy