Bachelor in Paradise season four has stopped filming in Mexico because of some kind of “misconduct,” according to the show’s production company.
Warner Bros., which produces the show, said this in a statement, which Deadline published:
“We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
The show is scheduled to debut Aug. 8, and it’s unclear if this will mean the entire season is cancelled.
Update: The Los Angeles Times’ Amy Kaufman reported, in a series of tweets, that a “producer went on to sue the production for misconduct over what she witnessed,” which was a drunken hook-up. Kaufman adds that contestants “were both shown footage of their hookup during their interviews in the days following their rendezvous.” (Update to the update: Kaufman now says “a producer filed a ‘third party complaint'”.)
Update, June 12: Because of a new report that suggests there was non-consensual sex involved, I have removed the names of the contestants.
The Bachelor in Paradise season 4 cast
The initial 16 people who will be on Bachelor in Paradise, according to ABC, are as follows:
- Nick “St. Nick” Benvenutti, The Bachelorette 12
- Raven Gates, The Bachelor 21
- Jasmine Goode, The Bachelor 21
- Robby Hayes, The Bachelorette 12
- DeMario Jackson, The Bachelorette 13
- Danielle Maltby, The Bachelor 21
- Lacey Mark, The Bachelor 21
- Taylor Nolan, The Bachelor 21
- Corinne Olympios, The Bachelor 21
- Derek Peth, The Bachelor 12
- Kristina Schulman, The Bachelor 21
- Amanda Stanton, The Bachelor 20 and Bachelor in Paradise 3
- Vinny Ventiera, The Bachelorette 12 and Bachelor in Paradise 3
- Alexis Waters, The Bachelor 21
- Alex Woytkiw, The Bachelorette 12
- Ben Zorn, The Bachelorette 11