Update: CNBC delayed the debut of The Partner by one week. It will debut March 7, airing Tuesdays at 10.
Earlier: “I’m creating a pressure cooker to see who succeeds, who cracks, who fails,” Marcus Lemonis says in a preview for his new CNBC series, The Partner.
That’s the spin-off of The Profit that was announced almost one year ago, and finally has a debut date: Feb. 28. There will be just five episodes.
The network also released the trailer below and announced the show’s cast members, who are competing for a $500,000 contract and equity in Marcus’ businesses.
Moments in the trailer below made me think of The Apprentice, though last January, Marcus gave me 6 reasons why The Partner is not at all like The Apprentice.
He also told me why he needed this series—and that the plan is to do two seasons a year of The Partner, with seasons of The Profit in between. (Read the full interview.)
The Partner’s cast
Here is the cast, according to CNBC; links go to videos that introduce each contestant/potential partner.
- Chuck Brewer, Indianapolis
- Billy Canu, San Diego
- Carrie Chitsey, Cedar Park, Texas
- Erin Cobb, Kirkland, Wash.
- Michael Graves, New Rochelle, New York
- Ricardo Martinez, Atlanta
- Peilin Pratt, Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- Buffie Purselle, Atlanta
- Julianna Reed, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Stephanie Sievers, Shreveport, Louisiana