Big Brother: Over the Top, the show’s first-ever fall season and first season to air online only, will debut one week from tonight, at 10 p.m. ET, and introduce a major twist: viewers will choose the winner. The live feed watchers finally have real power in the game.
During the finale of BB18, the show also gave viewers the choice between past houseguests Jozea Flores and Jason Roy to return—though only CBS All Access subscribers can vote.
In a preview, an announcer promises that “the viewer has power,” and then Julie Chen reveals how accurate that is: “there is no jury” because viewers will vote for the winner. (The winner will receive only $250,000.)
That definitely delivers on the promise to make this season different—though it’ll be interesting to see if the houseguests know they’re competing for viewers’ affection, which would change the game even more.
Other details about BB:OTT:
- There will be one episode per week, airing Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET, followed by a live eviction and then a live HOH competition.
- CBS’ preview says there will be “no scheduled blackouts.” However, the web site still says: “To preserve the integrity of Big Brother, the feeds may be edited, delayed, and/or blacked out on occasion at CBS’s sole discretion.”
- There will be live Diary Room segments, on Tuesdays and Fridays
- The nomination ceremony will be preceded by a “safety ceremony.” See the full schedule grid below.
The BB:OTT schedule
This is the weekly schedule, according to CBS:
- Weekly Full Episode – A rundown of the week’s events, followed by the live eviction ceremony, Wednesdays at 10:00 PM, ET/7:00 PM, PT.
- Weekday Replay – A quick recap of all the crucial moments that happened throughout the day. Available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10:00 PM, ET/7:00 PM, PT.
- Safety Ceremonies – Live on Saturdays and Sundays at 10:00 PM, ET/7:00 PM, PT, the HOH will reveal the houseguests who are safe for that week, culminating in the live reveal of the nominations on Sunday evenings.
- Live Diary Room Sessions – In a BIG BROTHER first, fans will get a live look into the confessionals on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:30 PM, ET/7:30 PM, PT.
- Evicted Houseguest Q&A with Host Julie Chen – Every Thursday afternoon, host Julie Chen will interview that week’s evicted houseguest (times will vary).
All of reality blurred’s content is independently selected, including links to products or services. However, if you buy something after clicking an affiliate link, I may earn a commission, which helps support reality blurred. Learn more.