The fourth installment of Syfy’s Sharknado franchise will debut July 31, and will once again feature a hopefully-entertaining combination of bad special effects, bad writing, bad pacing, and a bunch of reality star cameos, like last year’s appearance of Shark Tank‘s Mark Cuban as the president.
Syfy has released an early list of those Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens cameos, promising more to come. Here they are, with Syfy’s description of their roles:
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta‘s Cynthia Bailey, Shark Tank‘s Robert Herjavec, and Dancing with the Stars‘ Kym Johnson as “Astro-X rocket scientists and astrophysicists”
- Dog the Bounty Hunter Duane Chapman as “a chainsaw dealer”
- Shark Tank‘s Lori Greiner as “a home shopping guru”
- The Surreal Life and Skating with the Stars‘ Vince Neil as himself
- Chrisley Knows Best’s Todd, Savannah and Grayson Chrisley “as themselves”
- Celebrity Rehab‘s Dr. Drew Pinsky as “a pastor”
- Millionaire Matchmaker‘s Patti Stanger as “a reporter”
Update, June 22: Here are additional reality star cameos announced by Syfy.
- Carrot Top as an Uber Driver
- The Biggest Loser trainer Dolvett Quince as “a trainer”
- RHOBH cast member Erika Girardi “as Tech Frances”
- Gilbert Gottfried as TODAY Show correspondent
- Vanderpump Rules‘ Stassi Schroeder “as Koening” and Jax Taylor as “a guardsman”
The movie will once again be directed by Anthony C. Ferrante and written by Thunder Levin.
According to Syfy, its plot, if there is such a thing in Sharknado movies:
“takes place five years after the East Coast was ravaged in last summer’s Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!. Fin ([Ian] Ziering), his family and the cosmos have been blissfully sharknado-free in the intervening years, but now sharks—and ‘nados!—are being whipped up in places (and ways) least expected.”