Dancing with the Stars announced the cast for its 22nd season on Good Morning America earlier today.
While it’s the usual mix of athletes, actors, and minor celebrities, the show once again has demonstrated its ability to be nimble and assemble a diverse cast and one that draws from the news (Marla Maples, Donald Trump’s ex-wife) and nostalgia (Kim Fields, aka Tootie from The Facts of Life).
Only 12 cast members were announced, and last season had 13, so it’s possible another will be added—The Bachelor Ben Higgins has been subject to the usual casting rumors.
The other major casting news for this season is that Julianne Hough is out as a judge, while and Len Goodman is back.
Here’s the full cast, followed by video of the announcement this morning.
Dancing with the Stars 22 cast
- The OC’s Mischa Barton, with Artem Chigvintsev
- Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, with Sharna Burgess
- America’s Next Top Model 22 winner, and ANTM’s first deaf contestant, Nyle DiMarco, with Peta Murgatroyd
- The Facts of Life and Living Single’s Kim Fields, with Sasha Farber
- football great Doug Flutie, with Karina Smirnoff
- Donald Trump’s ex-wife Marla Maples, with Tony Dovolani
- Broncos Linebacker Von Miller with Witney Carson
- Boyz II Men’s Wanya Morris with Lindsay Arnold
- Talk show host Geraldo Rivera, with Edyta Sliwinska
- Fuller House’s Jodie Sweetin, with Keo Motsepe
- UFC fighter Paige VanZant, with Mark Ballas
- ABC weatherperson Ginger Zee, with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
— Good Morning America (@GMA) March 8, 2016