A decade after the debut of Flavor of Love, a Bachelor-mocking competition that spun off of The Surreal Life spin-off Strange Love, VH1 is bringing the show back for a marathon.
Also back for a marathon: the first seasons of its spin offs I Love New York and Rock of Love with Bret Michaels.
VH1 is airing three marathons as part of its “14 Days of Love” stunt, which starts today and ends on Valentine’s Day, and includes prime-time broadcasts of romantic comedies.
The network points out that it has 30 shows with “Love” in the title, from Flavor of Love through Love & Hip Hop.
Over about four years, the dating shows and their spin-offs generated ratings and attention for VH1 and their cast members.
You may recall moments and news such as:
- Pumpkin spitting into New York’s mouth
- A season-two contestant pooping on the floor
- A Flavor of Love contestant releasing a sex tape
- An I Love New York contestant doing porn
- record-setting ratings for I Love New York
- The Challenge-like spin-off, I Love Money
- The third season of I Love Money never airing because of a cast member’s murder/suicide
- An I Love New York contestant being convicted of murder because someone recognized him from the show—and then being acquitted after a new trial
- Flavor Flav ending his journey with a proposal
When the Flavor of Love, I Love New York marathons air
Here is the schedule:
- Flavor Of Love: Friday, Feb. 12, 2 p.m. to midnight
- I Love New York, Saturday, Feb. 13, noon to 11 p.m.
- Rock Of Love With Bret Michaels on Sunday, Feb. 14, noon to midnight
First, though, VH1 will air marathons of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta next weekend starting Saturday, Feb. 6 at 3 p.m. and continuing until Monday at 6 a.m.