Today, more than a year after reality blurred was completely redesigned, there’s a brand-new front page. I know, I know—just try to contain your excitement.
You may have already seen it as I’ve tweaked it over the past week. If you only visit through social media, RSS feeds, or deliveries from your owl, go check it out.
Bookmark it, share it, love it. Or, grow to love it–I know change is jarring and it may take a while to get used to. (If something looks wonky, you might need to hold ctrl/command and force-reload the page—your browser is just clinging to the past and resisting change.)
So, what’s new and different? These things:
- It no longer looks like shit.
- Seriously, the old one was kind of embarrassing.
- It’s easier to scan the most recent stories. New research shows this kind of design and format actually improves your ability to read and find things you want to read.
- The top of the first page will highlight things you may have missed, and change frequently but not constantly.
- Sometimes–like today!–those teasers at the top will include something that isn’t in a post, such as a link to a video or a must-read story. So, check the home page often.
- The column on the right includes quick access to every show’s archive page, plus links to recent reviews of great reality TV, and other fun things.
- Once you click through to a story, you’ll notice that I’ve snuck in recommend links at the bottom of every story.
As always, I welcome your feedback. Since it’s impossible to test every device, let me know if something looks weird for you, but the site should work on all devices.
Thanks for reading reality blurred. I’m very grateful.