Dancing with the Stars 21‘s celebrity cast is being trickled out on Good Morning America this week, and via publications that either have exclusives or are actually reporting. Most of the pros have been already been revealed.
Most notable so far are two names E! has reported: Chaka Khan, the Grammy-award winning singer and songwriter, and Paula Deen, the chef dropped from Food Network after admitting to using racial slurs. Paula Deen previously said she rejected the show’s offers multiple times, but that was back when she still had a thriving career, not when she was suffering from the fallout of her behavior.
Also on the list: Andy Grammer, who’s responsible for “Honey, I’m Good,” the song I can’t stop singing despite its dubious message, and Nick Carter, whose songs I couldn’t stop singing years ago.
The most recent name, as of Thursday morning, is Hayes Grier, who is a Vine star. Maybe producers are hoping social media following equals huge TV ratings, even though it absolutely does not?
Dancing with the Stars 21 cast
Here’s the list of celebrity cast members, which I’ll keep updating as more names come out this week, officially or not.
- Bindi Irwin, reality star and daughter of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin (ABC)
- Victor Espinozas, jockey and Triple Crown winner (ABC)
- Nick Carter, Backstreet Boy and E! reality series star (ABC)
- Paula Deen, former Food Network star (E! News)
- Chaka Khan, Queen of Funk (E! News, ABC)
- Andy Grammer, “Honey I’m Good” singer (ET) (ABC)
- Hayes Grier, Vine star (ABC)
- Alexa PenaVega, actor/singer, married to Carlos (ABC)
- Carlos PenaVega, actor/singer, married to Alexa (ABC)
- Kim Zolciak, The Real Housewives of Atlanta star (US)
- Gary Busey, best known for being Gary Busey (ABC)
- Tamar Braxton, singer and Braxton Family Values star (ABC)
- Alek Skarlatos, Army National Guard specialist who helped take down a shooter on a train (ABC)