about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
Learn more about reality blurred's mission.
- August begins with these 16 reality TV premieres and 8 documentaries / August 2, 2021
- Why is Paramount+ missing seasons of The Challenge, The Real World, and other reality TV? / May 5, 2021
- Life Below Zero: Port Protection’s Gary Muehlberger died in a house fire / March 24, 2021
- Buddy vs. Duff season 3: A tiebreaker between friends, but why is it a competition? / July 18, 2021
- I found Love Island 3’s Hawaiian villa, which was also used by an MTV reality show / July 24, 2021