ABC revealed Dancing with the Stars 20‘s cast this morning, and it is the usual mix of reality stars, athletes, and actors, along with a few unexpected celebrities.
The cast consists of:
- Suzanne Somers, actor and Thighmaster infomercial star
- Patti LaBelle, iconic singer and actor
- Michael Sam, the first openly gay person drafted into the NFL
- Willow Shields, actor who is Prim in The Hunger Games
- Rumer Willis, actor and daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, who was photographed rehearsing
- Shark Tank shark Robert Herjavec
- Nastia Liukin, gymnast and Olympic gold medalist
- Redfoo, the LMFAO singer
- Riker Lynch, Glee actor and singer
- Noah Galloway, veteran who lost his left arm and left leg in Iraq
- Charlotte McKinney, Carl’s Jr. ad model
Current bland Bachelor Chris Soules is likely to join the cast; there’s one person left who wasn’t announced, but Tom Bergeron teased the person by emphasizing the word “rose.”
Thus ends the rumor cycle, when various publications trot out lists that sometimes turn out to be partially accurate. For example, Hollywood Life reported yesterday that Robert Kennedy Jr., Lalah Hathaway, and Chrisley Knows Best cast member Savannah Chrisley would all be cast. Nope.
ABC previously revealed 10 of the pros returning to the show, and promised that the new season “will also continue to innovate and surprise with both new and returning theme nights including Disney Night, Latin Night and introducing Spring Break night.” Disney night on Disney-owned ABC? That is innovation.