I’m not sure this video qualifies as a pawn shop reality show parody, but that doesn’t really matter because it’s so awesome: It stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as the owners of Barely Legal Pawn and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a customer trying to sell some of her property. Produced by the Television Academy, it’s essentially a viral promo for next Monday’s Emmy telecast, and it’s one that shows off the talent of its Emmy-winning stars. This is one pawn shop reality show I’d actually watch.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Survivorman Les Stroud will face predators in his new TV show July 25, 2017
- Why I stopped watching Big Brother 19 July 25, 2017
- Why isn’t Yolanda McClary back on Cold Justice? July 25, 2017
- A podcast and a short doc about ‘the humans who protect your eyes’ July 24, 2017
- A new Top Gear, live dating, RHONY in Mexico, and more reality TV this week July 24, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.