When it debuts its new season this fall, PBS’ Sesame Street will parody NBC’s The Voice, and the show has released a clip from the segment that is pretty hilarious. Between this and PBS Digital Studios’ Mister Rogers’ “Garden of Your Mind” (followed by Bob Ross remixed), PBS is doing a brilliant job of combining nostalgia with pop culture.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- How to change MTV Stranded’s game so players are heroes, not monsters April 21, 2017
- A review of First Dates, NBC’s adorable, satisfying new show April 21, 2017
- A few words about Survivor changing minds, including my own April 20, 2017
- The Survivor Game Changers merge takes two episodes to heat up April 20, 2017
- Call me a grouch, but the Sesame Street Real Housewives parody needs to scram April 19, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.