When it debuts its new season this fall, PBS’ Sesame Street will parody NBC’s The Voice, and the show has released a clip from the segment that is pretty hilarious. Between this and PBS Digital Studios’ Mister Rogers’ “Garden of Your Mind” (followed by Bob Ross remixed), PBS is doing a brilliant job of combining nostalgia with pop culture.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- After years of wandering, SYTYCD is back to being broadcast TV’s best talent competition September 18, 2017
- DWTS, AYTO, and The Little Couple return, plus more reality TV this week September 18, 2017
- The Voice wins the Emmy for competition reality show. Again. September 17, 2017
- The Vietnam War: 18 hours of exceptional television that try to ‘say what happened’ September 17, 2017
- 5 deep dives into reality TV shows and personalities, plus 19 news stories September 15, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.