After 34 takes, The Glee Project‘s final seven contenders completed their music video for “Eye of the Tiger,” which was ridiculously challenging, hence the 34 takes. It seemed designed to make them fail, and parts even seemed close to impossible: Ali was expected to sink a basket at the very, very end, meaning every time she missed, they had to re-do the entire scene. Watch the video below to see the creative solution she came up with to make that easier, and also to appreciate their work. Though it’s nowhere close to the best in terms of singing/lip-syncing, probably because it was so physically demanding, it’s still fun:
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Project Runway’s Wendy Pepper died November 17, 2017
- American Idol voting starts Sunday November 17, 2017
- A twist of spaghetti gives Survivor HvHvH its best episode yet November 15, 2017
- An interview with the new Mythbusters November 15, 2017
- Bees, bears, and a bath house: a Homestead Rescue preview November 15, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart’s writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Pacific Standard, and other publications. He has covered reality television for more than 18 years, and created reality blurred in 2000.
A member of the Television Critics Association, Andy, 40, directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.