Saturday night, journalists and “journalists” from media organizations will gather in Washington, DC, for the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, at which Jimmy Kimmel will host and President Barack Obama will probably make fun of himself.
The crowd will include celebrity guests of media organizations, which apparently allows journalists and media organizations to feel like they are not only important enough to have dinner with the president, but to do so with their famous, famous friends. This happens every year, regardless of the president or party, and the blurred line between reporters and their subjects and celebrities has caused some media organizations to stop participating.
This year, there will be several reality TV stars in attendance, which itself is nothing new: Ozzy Osbourne attended in 2002, and Kim Kardashian has attended before. Politico compiled a list of all celebrity guests, and here, I’ve listed just the reality TV stars along with the media organization that invited them.
- American Idol finalist Colton Dixon (Christian Broadcasting Network)
- Mythbusters Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage (AFP)
- Dancing With the Stars winner J.R. Martinez (Newsweek/The Daily Beast)
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians‘ Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner (Fox News)
- Celebrity Apprentice‘s Ivanka Trump and Bravo’s Rachel Zoe (Politico)
- Dancing With the Stars 2‘s Stacy Keibler, who’s also dating George Clooney (Time)
- The Apprentice spin-off star Martha Stewart and Age of Love host Mark Consuelos (USA Today)
- Celebrity Apprentice cast member Holly Robinson Peete (Bloomberg BNA)
- Dancing With the Stars 14 cast member William Levy (People)