As if he wasn’t cool enough already, Neil Patrick Harris is an unapologetic reality TV fan who cited Real World New Orleans’ Danny as “a role model” for being gay and out, never mind doing everything from guest judging Idol last year to risking his health and sanity by entering the Big Brother house four years ago.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Watch the first trailer for Hunted, CBS’ promising new “real-life thriller” December 6, 2016
- Antarctica’s first reality show will flip your idea of it upside down December 6, 2016
- Duck Dynasty creators suspended, investigated for fraud at their production company December 5, 2016
- Bachelor spin-off Ben and Lauren was contrived, but it did well for Freeform December 5, 2016
- Mariah’s World is part Grey Gardens, part low-quality Bravo reality show December 5, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.