As if he wasn’t cool enough already, Neil Patrick Harris is an unapologetic reality TV fan who cited Real World New Orleans’ Danny as “a role model” for being gay and out, never mind doing everything from guest judging Idol last year to risking his health and sanity by entering the Big Brother house four years ago.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Project Runway’s Wendy Pepper died November 17, 2017
- American Idol voting starts Sunday November 17, 2017
- A twist of spaghetti gives Survivor HvHvH its best episode yet November 15, 2017
- An interview with the new Mythbusters November 15, 2017
- Bees, bears, and a bath house: a Homestead Rescue preview November 15, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart’s writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Pacific Standard, and other publications. He has covered reality television for more than 18 years, and created reality blurred in 2000.
A member of the Television Critics Association, Andy, 40, directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.