While it’s standard stuff–being sequestered with no phone and no TV (only DVDs), having bags searched, not being able to wear clothing with logos–it’s a good walk-through of the experience, if you can stand reading admitted “attention junkie” Jun’s responses (“I followed all the ruuuuules!”).
about reality blurred
I’m Andy Dehnart, a writer who obsessively and critically covers reality TV, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.
I created reality blurred 20 years ago as a place to collect interesting links I found. Today, I review and recommend reality shows, documentaries, and nonfiction entertainment; analyze news and report from behind the scenes; and interview people who create and star in reality TV shows. You'll also find other people's insightful takes on reality TV in these pages, too.
I believe pop culture can both entertain and affect us, and so reality blurred's goal is to amplify the best and hold the worst accountable. In other words, I’m here to call it out when it sucks and celebrate it when it’s amazing. Let’s talk about it together!
- Only one reality show made the list of the greatest TV series of the 21st century / October 25, 2021
- Killer Camp killed by The CW / October 19, 2021
- How to apply for Hoarders’ help / January 20, 2016
- Flora, Beth S., Veronica and Jisela in Playboy this month. / April 2, 2002
- Homestead Rescue’s Marty Raney on how the show is produced / July 22, 2016