In honor of the end of American Idol 9 (yes!), join me tonight for another sure-to-be-thrilling live blog at 8 p.m. ET. (If you’re on the west coast, a replay will be available immediately, so you can follow along in real time.) Sign up to get an e.mail reminder blow, and check out the reader information so you’ll know what’s up before we begin. And if you’re bored at work, read last year’s finale live blog to see what you’re in for.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- A short, athletes-only spring Dancing with the Stars November 24, 2017
- Survivor and the problem of expectation November 22, 2017
- The Thanksgiving story we weren’t told November 21, 2017
- Are Marcus Lemonis’ Profit checks real? Will there be a Partner season two? November 21, 2017
- What are the best reality shows? Start with these. November 20, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart’s writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Pacific Standard, and other publications. He has covered reality television for more than 18 years, and created reality blurred in 2000.
A member of the Television Critics Association, Andy, 40, directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.