MTV has released the trailer for the final season of The Hills, and it has lots of fake–and maybe even some real!–drama, from problems with Heidi and Spencer’s relationship (Heidi suggests she’s leaving him and they’re considering divorce) to Heidi showing her new face to her mom for the first time, which doesn’t get a good reaction. Meanwhile, Kristin is confronted because “everybody says you’re doing drugs,” a reference to her alleged cocaine use.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- A new Bachelorette, Celebrity Ninja Warrior, big finales, and more reality TV this week May 22, 2017
- The Real World is 25 today: a quarter century of reality TV May 21, 2017
- Survivor 35 theme and title: Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers May 20, 2017
- ABC deletes Bachelorette contestant Bryce’s transphobic answer May 19, 2017
- What fall 2017 broadcast reality TV will look like (hint: like last year) May 19, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.