A rental van being used by the crew of WEtv’s The Locator was stolen by a man with a warrant fleeing from authorities. That happened last Tuesday as the crew was loading it with gear; the van was eventually recovered. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has the story, which is pretty amusing, especially since crew members were talking to the thief via walkie-talkies that were in the van.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Survivor and the problem of expectation November 22, 2017
- The Thanksgiving story we weren’t told November 21, 2017
- Are Marcus Lemonis’ Profit checks real? Will there be a Partner season two? November 21, 2017
- What are the best reality shows? Start with these. November 20, 2017
- Project Runway’s Wendy Pepper died November 17, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart’s writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Pacific Standard, and other publications. He has covered reality television for more than 18 years, and created reality blurred in 2000.
A member of the Television Critics Association, Andy, 40, directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.