A rental van being used by the crew of WEtv’s The Locator was stolen by a man with a warrant fleeing from authorities. That happened last Tuesday as the crew was loading it with gear; the van was eventually recovered. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has the story, which is pretty amusing, especially since crew members were talking to the thief via walkie-talkies that were in the van.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Appeals court agrees Brendan Dassey should be released—or retried June 22, 2017
- Details about Channel 4’s new Great British Bake-Off, and what Mel thinks June 22, 2017
- Big Brother 19’s twist: temptations and consequences June 21, 2017
- Jeff Probst never took himself out of Emmy consideration June 21, 2017
- Corinne’s lawyer still investigating Bachelor in Paradise because of ‘multiple new witnesses’ June 20, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.