Hell’s Kitchen star Gordon Ramsay had work done on his face–at the suggestion of American Idol judge Simon Cowell. “My mother said they were smile lines. I could deal with that at 21, but not at 42. Simon Cowell suggested that now I’m a success in America, I should do something, so I had a filler put under the deep crevices. It hurt,” he told Radio Times.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- 19 renewed and new reality shows September 28, 2016
- How a college student went from The Voice to Syria to The New Yorker September 27, 2016
- 10 of 13 Big Brother: Over the Top houseguests are in their 20s September 26, 2016
- How keeping ‘Revenge of the Queens’ off VH1 affected RuPaul’s Drag Race September 25, 2016
- Why Love Productions and Channel 4 are delusional about Bake-Off’s future September 23, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.