Hell’s Kitchen star Gordon Ramsay had work done on his face–at the suggestion of American Idol judge Simon Cowell. “My mother said they were smile lines. I could deal with that at 21, but not at 42. Simon Cowell suggested that now I’m a success in America, I should do something, so I had a filler put under the deep crevices. It hurt,” he told Radio Times.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- How will the Survivor Game Changers jury vote? Here are my guesses May 23, 2017
- Alone season four is changing so much its title no longer makes sense May 22, 2017
- A new Bachelorette, Celebrity Ninja Warrior, big finales, and more reality TV this week May 22, 2017
- The Real World is 25 today: a quarter century of reality TV May 21, 2017
- Survivor 35 theme and title: Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers May 20, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.