This summer hasn’t been good for the equipment used to bring us reality shows. Chima completely accidentally hurled hers into the jacuzzi on Big Brother 11, and a camera was literally forced to view and record Russell H.’s gross underwear on Survivor Samoa. Now, we have footage of a battery on a camera’s audio rig exploding on the set of Top Chef 6.
Below is the video provided by Bravo (which B-Side noticed, perhaps during his daily Andy Cohen-encouraged pilgrimage to BravoTV.com). It’s cleverly titled “a real quickfire,” and in it, camera operator Mo Frahm describes the batteries and says that “one of them blew up which caught the audio rig on fire.” Sound mixer Bruce Beacom says, “I’ve never seen that in my life.”