Paula Abdul has found a post-American Idol job, and it’s as the host of VH1’s Divas, which will air live Sept. 17 at 9 p.m. She announced that on Twitter, which she uses instead of a spokesperson, writing, “im really excited 2 announce ill b hosting.” Letting Paula host a live show is one of those bad ideas that’s completely genius, since you know people will tune in just to see what happens.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Bachelor spin-off Ben and Lauren was contrived, but it did well for Freeform December 5, 2016
- Mariah’s World is part Grey Gardens, part low-quality Bravo reality show December 5, 2016
- 13 years after The Simple Life debuted, Paris Hilton says she was acting December 2, 2016
- BB:OTT was an improved Big Brother, but don’t expect summer to change December 1, 2016
- Winter 2016/2017 reality TV schedule and guide December 1, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.