After being proposed to and then dumped on The Bachelor 13, and then being dumped by viewers on the Dancing with the Stars 8 finale, Melissa Rycroft is once again engaged. This time, it’s to her boyfriend Tye Strickland, who she’d dated before going on the show. Gossip magazines reported the engagement Monday, and minutes ago, Melissa confirmed it on Twitter, writing, “Guess the secret’s out…Thank you all so much for being so great and supportive!! We’re soooo excited!” People has all the details for those who care.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers: season 35’s cast, twist, and more May 24, 2017
- How will the Survivor Game Changers jury vote? Here are my guesses May 23, 2017
- Alone season four is changing so much its title no longer makes sense May 22, 2017
- A new Bachelorette, Celebrity Ninja Warrior, big finales, and more reality TV this week May 22, 2017
- The Real World is 25 today: a quarter century of reality TV May 21, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.