With three new reality shows airing at the same time on Wednesday night, there is one clear loser and no clear winner: Despite Heidi and Spencer’s best efforts, NBC’s I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here 2 has about half of the viewership of both Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance and ABC’s Wipeout. TV By the Numbers has the numbers. Although the last two are nearly tied with around 8 million viewers each, bodies bouncing off of rubberized, padded things remain ahead among viewers while dancing rules among younger, sexier viewers ages 18 to 49.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Jeff Varner’s shame, Property Brothers’ empire, and 32 other reality TV news stories May 26, 2017
- Why the American Idol reboot is ‘floundering dangerously’ May 25, 2017
- Survivor Game Changers ends with a mostly terrible finale May 24, 2017
- Review: Victorian Slum House reveals what’s changed, and what hasn’t May 24, 2017
- Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers: season 35’s cast, twist, and more May 24, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.