Three notable new series debut tonight, but they’re pretty different. At 8 p.m. ET, in the wake of Susan Boyle, NBC debuts the fourth season of America’s Got Talent, which has a new host, Nick Cannon. Also at 8, ABC resurrects the 1970s series The Superstars at 9 p.m. ET, pairing “celebrities” with pro athletes for the competition. And at 10, just as it turned Desperate Housewives into The Real Housewives, Bravo turns Gossip Girl into a reality series, NYC Prep.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Married at First Sight is moving cities again for season five October 25, 2016
- Contest: Win a $200 Visa gift card for Impractical Jokers’ live season finale October 25, 2016
- The 16 returning artists for Face Off: All Stars, its first full all-star season October 24, 2016
- Review: The Circus is an essential, thrilling behind-the-scenes look, but not at politics October 24, 2016
- The first Snapchat documentary is about to disappear October 23, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.