Skip to Content

Dan Quayle was asked but said no to Dancing with the Stars

Former vice president Dan Quayle was asked by the producers of Dancing with the Stars to be on the show’s seventh season, but he said no.

“I can tell you that he is not doing the show. There was contact (made), … there was interest in having him be on the show. (But) it’s not like he said he was going to do it,” Quayle’s spokesperson Craig Whitney told the Indianapolis Star.

Perhaps most surprising is that the rumor was actually true. Earlier this week, Gossip Sauce reported that the show “is courting Dan Quayle for the new season according to several insiders!”

The actual cast, instead of just the rumored one (which includes Lance Bass and Warren Sapp) will be announced August 25.

Aide: No Dan Quayle on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ [Indianapolis Star]
Dancing with the Stars Casting Update [Gossip Sauce]

All reality blurred content is independently selected, including links to products or services. However, if you buy something after clicking an affiliate link, I may earn a commission, which helps support reality blurred. Learn more.

More great stories

About the author

  • Andy Dehnart is the creator of reality blurred and a writer and teacher who obsessively and critically covers reality TV and unscripted entertainment, focusing on how it’s made and what it means.

Discussion

I value our community at reality blurred, which connects people through open and thoughtful conversations about the TV we’re watching and the stories about it.

Comment rules: My goal is for us to be able to share our perspectives and exchange ideas in a welcoming, supportive space. That’s why I’ve created these rules for commenting here. By commenting below, you confirm that you’ve read and agree to them.

Happy discussing!