Kathy Griffin’s reality show has been nominated for an Emmy. Her show is perhaps the most surprising nominee in the reality series categories, which are mostly populated with the same shows as last year. The only change in the reality competition category was the addition of Dancing with the Stars, which replaced The Apprentice.
Project Runway also picked up a few technical nominations, as did FX’s Black. White., which was nominated in the outstanding non-prosthetic makeup category.
Here are the nominees, with non-reality show nonfiction programs excluded from this list (see the full list for all nominees):
- Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: The Amazing Race, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, and Survivor.
- Outstanding Reality Program: Antiques Roadshow, The Dog Whisperer, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List.
- Outstanding Cinematography For Nonfiction Programming (Multi-Camera): The Amazing Race, The Apprentice, Project Runway, and Survivor.
- Outstanding Picture Editing For Nonfiction Programming (Large team entries – Primarily Multi-Camera Productions): The Amazing Race, American Idol, Project Runway, and both seasons of Survivor that aired last year.
- Outstanding Sound Editing For Nonfiction Programming (Single Or Multi-Camera): The Amazing Race and Survivor.
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For Nonfiction Programming (Single Or Multi-Camera): The Amazing Race and Survivor.